Information for International Students
1. Application form (as available on the Academic website).
- The Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL), administered by the Educational Testing Service in the US, in which scores of at least 580 overall and 4.0 in the Test of Written English are required. The computer based test requires scores of atleast 240 overall and 4.0 in essay writing.
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) test, administered by the British Council, in which scores of 6 or more in each section and an overall score of 6.5 are required.
2. Copy of the grade transcripts with the explanation of the assigned grades.
3. A statement of purpose.
4. Bio Data.
5. An undertaking to bear all the charges including the tuition fees, accommodation & food charges and all other incidental charges during the course of his/her stay at IIT Bombay.
6. Personal Particulars of Foreign Scholars coming to India (see the format).
7. 3 recommendation letters.
8. Documentary proof to illustrate fluency in the English language.
If English is not the first language, a pass in any of the following two tests will be required:
Dy. Registrar/Asst. Registrar (Academic)
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai 400 076, India.
(Click here for further contact information.)
The total fee at the time of Admissions is US $2500. The break-up is as follows:
Admission Fee - US $150
Registration Fee - US $150
International Students Association Fee - US $50
Tuition and other consolidated Fee - US $2000
Security Deposits - US $150
More more information regarding foreign students please click here.