D. Dissertations Supervised
T. Sengadir, Ph.D dissertation on Topological Transversality and Its Applications
to Differential Equations (with Professor D.V.Pai) August'93.
L. Jones T. Doss, Ph.D dissertation on Finite Element Galerkin Methods
for Parabolic Free Boundary Problems Sept.'94.
Rajen Kumar Sinha, Ph.D dissertation on Finite Element Methods for Time
Dependent Parabolic Integro-Differential Equations with Non-smooth Data,
M. A. Mohamed Ali, Ph.D. dissertation on Numerical Methods for Enhanced
Oil Recovery in Reservoir Studies August '97.
Arul Veda Manickam, Ph.D. dissertation on Runge-Kutta Methods for Differential
Algebraic Equations Resulting from the Spatial Discretization of Some Evolution
Equations (with Professor Kannan M. Moudgalya), August' 98.
Pradeepa Nair, Ph. D. dissertation on Finite Element Approximations to Evolutionary Variational Inequalities submitted in June'02(jointly with Professor D. V. Pai).
Jyoti Agrawal, Ph.D. dissertations on Equivalent Dynamics and Efficient Integration Algorithm for a Class of Discontinuous Differential Algebraic Equations in Sliding Mode, Chemical Engg. IIT Bombay, November'03 (jointly with Kannan M. Moudgalya).
P. Dhanumjaya, Ph.D. dissertation on Finite Element Galerkin Methods for Fisher- Kolmogorov Equations January'05
- Anil Kumar Pundir, Ph. D. dissertation on Optimal Control Problems Involving
Parabolic Differential and Parabolic Integro-Differential Equations December'06.
- Tirupathi Gudi Ph. D. dissertation on Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for Non-linear Elliptic Problems (submitted in November, 2006).
- Ajit Patel, Ph.D. Thesis on `Mortar Finite Element Methods for Second Order Elliptic and Parabolic Problems ', July 2008 (jointly with Neela Nataraj).
- Sarvesh Kumar, Ph.D. dissertation on `Finite Volume Element Methods for Incompressible Miscible Displacement Problems in Porous Media ', July, 2008 ( jointly with Neela Nataraj).
- Debashish Pradhan, Ph.D. dissertation on `Domain Decomposition Methods for Second Order Elliptic and Patrabolic Problems', September 2008 (jointly with Neela Nataraj).
- Sangita Yadav, Ph.D. Thesis on `Superconvergent Discontinuous Galerkin Methods for Elliptic and Parabolic Problems', January,2011.
- Deepjyoti Goswami, Finite Element Galerkin Approximations to the Equations of Motion Arising in the Oldroyd Model. Nov. 2011
- Sajid Memon, Ph.D. thesis on: Finite Element Methods for Pricing American Option (with Sachin Patkar from EE). 2012
- Saumya Bajpai, Broad Areas of Research: FEM for Equations of Motion for Kelvin-Voight Model (with Neela Nataraj), February,2013 .
Back to Top
- Asha D., Broad Areas of Research : Adaptive FEM (with Neela Nataraj).
Back to Top
Jitendra V. Kadam on Index Analysis and Adaptive Refinement in Multiscale
Dynamic Optimization, Department of Chemical Engineering, IIT Bombay (with
Kannan M. Moudgalya, Thomas Binder & Wolfgang Marquardt (Process Technology
RWTH, Aachen)), March'2000.
Prashant B. Vora on Control of Differential Algebraic Equations Systems
& Control Engineering, IIT Bombay (with Kannan M. Moudgalya), to complete
- Shreyas S. Kirwai on Mathematical Modelling of Hot Forging Die Wear, IDP in Materials,
Manufacturing and Modelling, (with Neela Nataraj), 2011.
M.Sc. ( Mathematics) Thesis Supervised
Back to Top
Vrushali A. Bokil on Mathematical Modelling and Simulation of Chemical
Process Using the Equation Oriented Approach,1992 (co-guide Prof. R.K.
Mallick from CAD Center).
Shailesh Nair on Stability Analysis for Stiff Equations Arising in the
Modelling of Amonia Plant,1992 (co-guide Prof.R.K. Mallick from CAD Center).
Madhu S. Kumar on Solving Systems of Nonlinear Equations Using Method
of Homotopy,1992 (co-guide Kannan Moudgalya from Chemical Engineering
Tansuk Patel on Simulated Annealing Methods and Applications, 1992 (co-guide
Kannan Moudgalya from Chemical Engineering Dept.).
Khurshed Batliwala On Numerical Grid Generation,1994.
Somshekher S. Badiger on Domain Decomposition and Parallel Processing
for the Numerical Solution of Parabolic Equations,1996.
Minal Wankhede on Domain Decomposition Method for Wave Equations Based
on Finite Elements 1996.
Ashish V. Chordia on Index Determination of DAE (Differential Algebraic
Equations) 1997.(with Kannan M. Moudgalya).
Sonia Gupta on Multi-grid Methods for Elliptic Equations 1998 (with
R. P. Kulkarni)
Ashlyn Rodrigues on Adaptive Methods for Differential Equations 1998
(with Kannan M. Moudgalya).
Shashi Kanta Srivastava on Efficient Simulation for Computation of Particle
Size Distributions in Emulsion polymerization 2000 (with Kannan Moudgalya).
Vikram Bhorawat on Numerical Simulation to Option Pricing Model2000 (with
Fred Litjens (University of Twente, The Netherlands) on Modeling and Control
of the Crystal Size Distribution in an Industrial Crystallizer 2001 (co
guide : Prof. K. M. Moudgalya, Prof. dr. H. Kwakernaak, dr. H. J. Zwart(from Univ. Twente))
- C. Mathew on Numerical Simulation of American Option
Pricing Model 2001.
- Tathagata Malakar on Numerical Simulation of
Exotic Option pricing 2002.
- Pritam Mantri on Quolocation Methods for Nonlinear PDEs 2003.
- Shivananda dwivedi on Existence of Solutions of the Two-Point
Boundary Value Problems Using Topological Transversality Arguments 2003.
- T. V. Smitha on Wavelet Methods for Parabolic Equations 2003.
- Summetha R. Natesan on Wavelet Methods for Hyperbolic Equations 2003.
- Nedungadi Aatira G. on Dynamics of FitzHugh-Naguno Equations 2004.
- Sangita Singh on Numerical Simulation of Option Pricing Arising in American
Put Option 2004.
- Hemalatha Dave on Numerical Simulation of Diffusion Models Arising in Image
Back to Top
Nishant Gupta on Modelling of Particle Size Distributions in Emulsion
Polymerization, Chemical Engg. IIT Bombay' April 2000. (with Kannan Moudgalya).
- Ankur Mehta on Term Structure Models and Their Numerical Simulations,
Mechanical Engineering IIT Bombay, April 2003.