- About me: I received my PhD degree in Mathematics from University of Genova, Italy, in May 2014, under the supervision of Professor Aldo Conca. After graduating, I spent two years at IMSc Chennai, as an postdoctoral fellow and then I was at ISI Bangalore, as a Visiting Scientist fellow for three months. Since then, I have been with IIT Bombay Mathematics department as a postdoctoral fellow.
- Research area: Commutative Algebra, homological algebra and their interactions with combinatorics and algebraic geometry: I am interested in the minimal graded free resolutions, sygyzies, and regularity of a module/ideal. I am also interested in combinatorial commutative algebra, in particular, study of homological invariants of graphs and simplicial complexes.
- Teaching Assistant at IIT Bombay for the following B.Tech Undergraduate courses:
Autumn semester 2017: MA-105 Calculus.
Spring Semester 2016: MA-106 Linear Algebra, and
Spring Semester 2016: MA-108 Differential Equations.
Summer school 2016: Complex Analysis, course instructor in the "Young Talent Nurture" (YTN) programme at IIST Trivandrum.
- Resolution and regularity of cover ideals of certain multipartite graphs ‒ (with A.V.Jayanthan) preprint (2017), arxiv.org/abs/1709.05055.
- Note on vanishing power sums of roots of unity ‒ (with K. Senthil Kumar) The Mathematics Student (84) 2015, no. 3-4, 69-73.
- Koszul property of
diagonal subalgebras ‒ Journal of Commutative Algebra (6) 2014, no. 3, 385-406.
sequences of power sums and complete symmetric polynomials ‒ (with Ivan Martino) Le Matematiche (Catania) (67)
2012, no. 1, 103-117.
- An algebraic proof for the identities for degree of syzygies in numerical semigroups ‒ (with Ivan Martino) Le Matematiche (Catania) (67)
2012, no. 1, 81-89.
- Quillen-Suslin theory for a structure theorem for the Elementary Symplectic Group ‒ (with Ravi A. Rao) Ramanujan Math. Soc. Lect.
Notes Ser. (17) 2013, 101-116.
- Prime ideals and regular sequences of symmetric polynomials ‒ arXiv:1309.1098 [math.AC]
- Curriculam Vitae
Contact: Email id - neerajk AT math.iitb.ac.in
Room B2, Department of Mathematics,
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay,
Powai, Mumbai-400076, India
Office no. +91 22 2576 7452