Welcome to the NPDE-TCA
During 2011-2012, IMG in IIT Bombay will host a year-long programme on New Trends in Partial Differential Equations which includes both theoretical and computational advances.
Research Activities for the year 2011-12:
- Numerical solutions of wave propagation with applications to propagating fronts in a moving fluid, sonic boom signature for maneuvering aerofoil and elastic waves in structural health monitoring
- Computing Fluid flows with applications to fluid structure interactions
- Deterministic and Stochastic Optimal Control
- Homogenization and Multi-scale Modelling with Applications to Network Flows & Biological Structures
- Computational Studies of Complex Systems with applications to flow through porous media, PDE techniques in image processing and viscoelastic problems.
- Adaptive Finite Element Methods for Evolutionary Problems
- Theory and Computation of Option Derivatives.
A. Educational and Awareness programme:
General lectures on Partial Differential Equations, Modelling and Scientific Computing.
B. Seminars and Colloquium: Weakly seminars:
During this year, we expect to have visitors from India and abroad (see the list below) so we plan to arrange one seminar every week.
C. Modelling Week & Study Group Meeting on Industrial Problems:
D. Workshop & Symposium:
- Advances in Hyperbolic PDEs.
- Advances in Finite Element Methods: Adaptive methods and Discontinuous Galerkin Methods. (Indo-German workshop)
- Multiscale Analysis and Homogenization.
- Advances in Control and Optimizations.
- Advances in Quantitative Finance : Computation of Option Derivative Pricing.
- Indo-UK symposium on Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Advances in Inverse Problems