Doctoral Admission in Mathematics/Statistics (Ph.D)
The student/the University needs to forward the following documents to IITB:
- Application form (as available on the Academic website).
- Copy of the grade transcripts with the explanation of the assigned grades.
- A statement of purpose.
- Bio Data.
- An undertaking to bear all the charges including the tuition fees, accommodation & food charges and all other incidental charges during the course of his/her stay at IIT Bombay.
- Personal Particulars of Foreign Scholars coming to India (see the format).
- 3 recommendation letters.
- Documentary proof to illustrate fluency in the English language.
- The Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL), administered by the Educational Testing Service in the US, in which scores of at least 580 overall and 4.0 in the Test of Written English are required. The computer based test requires scores of atleast 240 overall and 4.0 in essay writing.
- The International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) test, administered by the British Council, in which scores of 6 or more in each section and an overall score of 6.5 are required.
Dy. Registrar/Asst. Registrar (Academic)
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Powai, Mumbai 400 076, India.
The Department Committee will then review the application and the decision will be communicated to the student/University by our Academic office. The student will need to obtain the necessary clearance from the Ministry and the student visa for study at IITB.
The total fee at the time of Admissions is US $2500. The break-up is as follows:
Admission Fee - US $150
Registration Fee - US $150
International Students Association Fee - US $50
Tuition and other consolidated Fee - US $2000
Security Deposits - US $150
Note: The IIT insists on the Joint Admission Test to M.Sc. (JAM) for admission to the M.Sc. program (for international students).
More more information regarding foreign students please click here.