During 2011-2012, IMG in IIT Bombay will host a year-long programme on New Trends in Partial Differential Equations which includes both theoretical and computational advances.
Research Activities for the year 2011-12:
- Numerical solutions of wave propagation with applications to propagating fronts in a moving fluid, sonic boom signature for maneuvering aerofoil and elastic waves in structural health monitoring
- Computing Fluid flows with applications to fluid structure interactions
- Deterministic and Stochastic Optimal Control
- Homogenization and Multi-scale Modelling with Applications to Network Flows & Biological Structures
- Computational Studies of Complex Systems with applications to flow through porous media, PDE techniques in image processing and viscoelastic problems.
- Adaptive Finite Element Methods for Evolutionary Problems
- Theory and Computation of Option Derivatives.
Educational and Awareness programme:
General lectures on Partial Differential Equations, Modelling and Scientific Computing.
One week long Workshop / Seminars and Colloquium: Weakly seminars:
During this year, we expect to have visitors from India and abroad (see the list below) so we plan to arrange one seminar every week.
Workshop & Symposium:
- Advances in Hyperbolic PDEs.
- Advances in Finite Element Methods: Adaptive methods and Discontinuous Galerkin Methods. (Indo-German workshop)
- Multiscale Analysis and Homogenization.
- Advances in Control and Optimizations.
- Advances in Quantitative Finance : Computation of Option Derivative Pricing.
- Indo-UK symposium on Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Advances in Inverse Problems
One week long Workshop/ Symposia:
One-Week Programs on Advanced Topics: This will comprise of 5 to 6 programs per year on topics related different research areas in Differential Equations, each of one week duration. This thematic activity is proposed to be a continuation of the advanced Level Training Programme. These programmes may include symposia, conferences or group meetings on frontier research areas.
- To enrich the ongoing research activities in the proposed areas in different institutes and universities of our country.
- To initiate new collaboration projects among Indian institutions.
- To promote research interaction among participating national and international institutions.